Monday, September 29, 2008

My future home in Japan

I apologize for the picture-less nature of entry, but I'll try to compensate by adding a few hyperlinks. 

I got a call from Japan today. I'm moving to a city named Joetsu, which is in the Niigata prefecture. Joetsu is kinda small (200,000 people), it's one the snowiest areas of Japan, I'm teaching in 6 schools (2 Jr. high and 4 elementary), and I have to lease a car. Fortunately, it's close to Tokyo.

I don't think that I got the best placement, but I'm still really happy to be going. And I look forward to the challenges of driving on the left side of the road in the snow and dealing with middle school kids in Japan (see the first entry of gaijinsmash.net). I guess when you're going to replace a teacher that quit for some reason, you can't expect too much.

PS- I just realized that I am not prepared to live in the snow at all. I packed for southern Japan and there is no way I'm going to find snow gear in Hawaii. Crap!

No comments: