Friday, September 26, 2008

Long drives and hard drives

Today Brendan drove me around the island. I've been wanting to get up to north shore and check out Pipeline and Waimea bay, so we took the kids in Brendan's awesome new van. Overall it was a very beautiful and (relatively) long drive. To top it all off, I got lots of smiles from attractive young women while carrying my 2 y/o housemate (Gabby) across the hot sand at pipeline. I wonder why...
Photobucket

Yesterday my friend Glory took me to Koko head, which is a crater that has a few hundred steps leading to the top. It was a really fun hike with some great views. I think next time we'll be able to beat 25 minutes to the top.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The last interesting thing is that 2 days ago my hard drive crashed. I woke up and my computer wouldn't boot. I spent all morning resetting things and trying to open menus, but it was dead. So I took it into the Apple store and they gave me a new hard drive and a new keyboard (the plastic near mine was starting to crack). Good thing I still had 3 weeks left on my warranty! I lost all of my files but it's not that big of a deal because they're all backed up at home. I think I'm going to make due without them for the next 6 months. Basically this has been a big inconvenience, but it is just like having a new computer because the keyboard/trackpad is all clean, I've got a new hard drive, and they upgraded me to the new operating system!

No comments: