Saturday, August 30, 2008

Week 1 in Honolulu

It's been a great week. So much has happened that I'll present everything in list form.

- Shannon's friends have been great (Shannon is my cousin, who just moved back home after a 3 year stint in Honolulu). I keep calling Shannon and telling her how much fun I'm having with her friends and I think she's going crazy. 
I've been staying with Bryce and he's been a wonderful host. I've been sleeping on the floor with a 4 foot papasan pad and a guitar case as a pillow. It's much more comfortable than it sounds ;)

- My second day I got a bike. It's totally awesome. It's a 10 speed trek from the 80's and it rides great. I also got really lucky (so I hear) to find a bike with an oversized frame. I've done a little work on it and now it's ready to rock.

Photobucket


- Finding an apartment was hard! This one hippy lady had a cool room in a GREAT location, but she couldn't make up her mind and strung me along for a few days. She even called up some of my friends to learn more about me. She didn't choose me, but at the same time I had an offer to live with a really cool young family originally from SF in a really nice house. So I'm moving to Palolo tomorrow!

- On my way home from my last apartment viewing today, I saw a hole-in-the-wall surf shop. I ducked in and asked if they had any used 7'2" boards. There was this cute little yellow and green board for $125. Sold. I'm picking it up tomorrow!

I guess that's about it. I was going to wait for a few weeks to post "tutee wanted" flyers, but I'll probably get bored this week and do it then. 
Oh, and I've developed a bad addiction. I LOVE these iced coffee drinks.

Photobucket

No comments: